Sunday, July 26, 2009

Peachy Keen Challenge 05

Peachy Keen Stamp Challenge 05
Ok, so for the last 2 weeks I have been trying to get ready for a yard sale. We've been pulling stuff from everywhere.....I just don't know how I've collected all these things! Anyways...I absolutely hate having garage sales, but it all had to go! I haven't had much time to work on a card, but I had a great idea with the little gingerbread girl stamp (...forgive me Kathy, but I'm not in my craft room at the moment and can't remember her correct name). So anyways... in my few spare minutes I had between the garage sale and my 3 kids, I was stamping this little gingerbread on different papers, cutting her to piece her together, adding paint & embellishments here and there and when I got her all done, she was just too cute. I started to pull paper to make her card and that's when it hit me...I had been thinking of last weeks sketch! I quickly go to the computer last night to confirm and sure enough this weeks sketch would not work with her...ugh!!!! So on top of it pouring buckets of rain for our yard sale (which I had been working on for what seemed like forever lol) now on top of that my little gingerbread girl won't work :( So very quickly this morning I came up with my take on THIS WEEKS sketch....lol. Just plain and simple and quickly thrown together. Not proud, but it's a card right??? So simple that I only used Colorbok paper and Studio G stamps with a few brads. I'll save my little gingerbread girl and hopefully I'll get to use her on the next Peachy Keen card or sometime real soon!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Becky! Your card is very cute! I'm impressed that you were able to make your card "quickly"!! Love the little bluebird!:) Thanks for taking the time out of your way too busy schedule to play with us!! Hugs to you, KathyJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Supercute card Becky! love your color combo...

    HUGS...SK :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww what a nightmare Becky.....or was it? This card, made 'quickly', is a real cutey and wouldn't have got made if you hadn't got the week wrong!
    It's gorgeous!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Peachy Keen.
    See you again tomorrow?
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous quick card! I wish I could do that. Sorry about the rain and your yard sale, and I look forward to seeing what you do with your gingerbread girl. Thanks for playing!

    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becky, Tried to leave a comment on your latest challenge card, but can't get your comments to work sweetie.
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete